Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for Small Businesses
- You own property that generates rental revenue from commercial real property located in Canada.
- You are the property owner of the commercial real property where the impacted small business tenants are located.
- You have a mortgage loan secured by the commercial real property, occupied by one or more small business tenants. (If you do not have a mortgage there will be announcements coming)
- You have entered or will enter into a rent reduction agreement for the period of April, May, and June 2020, which will reduce impacted small business tenant’s rent by at least 75%.
- Your rent reduction agreement with impacted tenants includes a moratorium on eviction for the period of April, May, and June 2020.
- You have declared rental income on your tax return (personal or corporate) for tax years 2018 and/or 2019.
CMHC will provide forgivable loans to eligible commercial property owners.
- The loans will cover 50% of the gross rent (gross rent includes TMI) owed by impacted small business tenants during the 3-month period of April, May, and June 2020.
- The property owner will be responsible for covering no less than 25% of the gross rent.
- The small business tenant will be responsible for no more than 25% of the gross rent.
Program details including how funds will be disbursed and how to apply are being finalized and will be available soon.
No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment