- You own property that generates rental revenue from commercial real property located in Canada.
- You are the property owner of the commercial real property where the impacted small business tenants are located.
- You have a mortgage loan secured by the commercial real property, occupied by one or more small business tenants. (If you do not have a mortgage there will be announcements coming)
- You have entered or will enter into a rent reduction agreement for the period of April, May, and June 2020, which will reduce impacted small business tenant’s rent by at least 75%.
- Your rent reduction agreement with impacted tenants includes a moratorium on eviction for the period of April, May, and June 2020.
- You have declared rental income on your tax return (personal or corporate) for tax years 2018 and/or 2019.
CMHC will provide forgivable loans to eligible commercial property owners.
- The loans will cover 50% of the gross rent (gross rent includes TMI) owed by impacted small business tenants during the 3-month period of April, May, and June 2020.
- The property owner will be responsible for covering no less than 25% of the gross rent.
- The small business tenant will be responsible for no more than 25% of the gross rent.
Program details including how funds will be disbursed and how to apply are being finalized and will be available soon.