There are three Ontario Grants available to Small Businesses.
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- Main Street Relief Grant for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Property Tax and Energy Cost Rebate Grants
The application closing date is March 31, 2021.
Eligible small businesses include those that:
- Were required to close or significantly restrict services due to the Province-wide Shutdown being imposed across the province effective 12:01 a.m. on December 26, 2020
- Have fewer than 100 employees at the enterprise level.
- Have experienced a minimum of 20 percent revenue decline in April 2020 compared to April 2019.
- New businesses established since April 2019 will also be eligible if they meet the other eligibility criteria.
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant - The new Ontario Small Business Support Grant, will help small businesses that are required to close or significantly restrict services under the new Provincewide Shutdown.
- Main Street Relief Grant for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) providing up to $1,000 for PPE costs to eligible small businesses across Ontario with 2 to 9 employees.
- Property Tax and Energy Cost Rebate Grants for businesses that were required to shut down or significantly restrict services due to provincial public health measures (modified Stage 2 restrictions) or, going forward, in areas categorized as control, Lockdown or Provincewide Shutdown). This provincial application-based grant provides a rebate to eligible businesses with respect to property taxes and energy bills.
The following types of businesses are eligible for support due to Provincewide Shutdown:
- Before- and after- school programs
- Cannabis retail stores
- Cell phone and computer providers & repairs
- Community centres and multi-purpose facilities
- Conference centres and convention centres
- Day camps for children
- Domestic services
- Drive-in cinemas
- Driving instruction
- Facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms)
- Garden centres
- Hardware stores (including Big Box stores) required to close for in-person shopping
- In-person teaching and instruction
- Media industries including film and television production (excluding radio/television broadcasting)
- Meeting or event space
- Museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attraction
- Outdoor markets (excluding grocery)
- Outdoor sports and recreation facilities
- Performing arts and cinemas
- Personal care services relating to the hair or body (excluding oxygen bars)
- Personal services
- Pet/animal food and services
- Photography services
- Racing venues, casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Rental and leasing services (including automobile, commercial and light industrial machinery and equipment rental)
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail required to close for in-person shopping
- Safety, medical and assistive devices retail (excluding pharmacies)
- Shopping malls
- Ski hills
- Tour and guide services
- Vehicle and equipment repair services
- Veterinary services
If you qualify, here is the link to apply: