As a Chartered Accountant, ent® Chartered Professional Accountants has developed comprehensive experience in Not for Profit audits.
With this expertise, we can help you set up and maintain your non-profit organization's tax-exempt status by handling all the CRA reporting for you. Each year the CRA requires most tax-exempt organizations to submit the proper details.
The CRA uses specific revenue and expense classifications to determine if your organization will retain its tax-exempt status. So it's imperative that you build your accounting system around these revenue and expense classifications.
- Review your financial statements
- Design, install and maintain your Accounting System
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payroll preparation
- Payroll Tax Preparation and Deposits
- Provide training for your accounting personnel
- Complete and file your non-profit status application
- Provide training for your board on non-profit financial statement usage and effective budgeting practices
- Prepare and file the necessary tax forms
- Prepare your initial start-up documentation
- Churches: We prepare the pastoral housing allowance and other required benefit documentation to meet the complex dual status of ministers
Please review our resource documents below:
If you're starting a new not-for-profit organization we can help you prepare your organization's application for tax-exempt status. Contact us to discuss all of the details needed for the process.